So, you guys, Diana from One Broad’s Journey nominated Wrays of Sunshine for the Liebster Award. Isn’t that nice?! I think so. We’ve never been nominated for an award around these parts, so I definitely consider it an honor.
Rules: Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award. Answer the 11 questions given to you from the blogger. Give 11 facts about yourself. Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award (less than 200 followers). Let the bloggers know you have nominated them. Give 11 questions to them to answer.
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I am. I can’t help it, I love it! It really feels good to give back to the blogosphere when I’ve gotten so much out of it as a natural hair, beauty, home decor and DIY resource. And I love having reasons to be accountable to my own self. I’m actually no good at keeping diaries and often let months go by between scrapbooking memories. Wrays of Sunshine is an account of what’s happening in our lives in semi-real time.
2. What is your favorite Disney movie?
That’s a tough one. Right now, at this moment I’m thinking Jungle Book but if you ask me again I might say Lion King or the Little Mermaid.
3. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
What a cruel question! If, of all the projects that I’m currently in the middle of right this second and I could only do one, it’d have to be college. Is it weird to consider college a project? I do and it gets priority because it’s my most expensive project in progress. Once that’s over, then it’d be another tough choice between this blog, the Catfight Craft blog, and music. Music might win because that’s something I can enjoy with my Honeybee…but if I did I would blog about it. This is why I have a bajillion projects!
4. What is your free time guilty pleasure?
Besides starting new projects and making to-do lists? Well, we have this old school Nintendo at my house. And a little game I like to call Dr Mario. And Super Mario 3. And chocolate.
5. The best place you’ve ever visited in the world is…?
That depends how you describe best, really. Best overall, I guess, would be Seattle hence moving here. But most surprisingly beautiful was the desert near Phoenix. Every time I’m in Austin I get the feeling I could make myself at home there. All that bbq and music. Oh and New Orleans had this vibe to it like none other. The architecture, the history, the color and speed of that city were all factors in its greatness.
6. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“I do what I can do when I can do it.” Chris Tucker (Money Talks)
7. Go to a comedy club or a dance club?
8. What is the worst gift you’ve ever been given?
I don’t really remember bad gifts. My mom’s gift-giving abilities rival Martha Stewart. Growing up I was the baby and the only girl, so I got pret-ty good at asking for what I wanted (I’d spend a solid week assessing the Toys R Us “Big Book” and highlighting my favorites in a color coded system of preference). So, so weird.
9. What is your favorite memory?
That outlandish 30 day road-trip I took with Butterfly. Everyday I knew we were making personal history. We were two girls on a mission, who wouldn’t settle, who gave zero fucks. Oh, it was a time!
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Lounging, gardening and jogging. In that order.
11. Where’s Waldo?
You can’t miss him. He’s in the striped shirt.
- I’m totally and completely easygoing until I’m an absolute stickler. For example, this morning I asked my husband to, please, replace my pillows before I get home. I know it’s silly, but sometimes you just want your stuff how you left it.
- I’ve been blogging for more than 5 years now and I’m certainly showing no signs of slowing.
- I love Willy Wonka (the original, not that Johnny Depp foolishness).
- Oh, I wish I had more time and money for travel.
- If I’m in a tizzy or freaking out, just get me to a natural body of water and I’ll be alright.
- If it’s from IKEA, Crate & Barrel or CB2 I can identify it.
- I love yoga!
- I hate yoga pants.
- Somehow all the sweetest, most awesome people attract and attach themselves to me. Or, another way, I have all the best friends in the world.
- “I believe surgery and I believe in prayer and I believe in mercy killing when I’m beyond repair, yes, I believe…in love.”
- Inspiration comes constantly for me and having Evernote to sort and keep them with me has already saved me lots of $$ on notebooks.
11 Blog Nominations
- Bethany at Peep This
- Rachel at Bread & Roses Parenting
- Emory at Hello Scarlet
- Chelsea at Rookie Notes
- My buddy Dale at the Shoddy Onion
- My amazing ladyfriend, Katherine at Monochrome Lit
- Thoughts From Kimberly
- Jasmine at Flux & Flow
- That artsy fellow at Lizard Pudding
- Emerald Lily
- And Kelsi Rae at My Hair Envy
And my questions to you my fellow bloggers!
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- What song gets you in the most creative mood?
- When did the internet begin for you?
- Do you keep a tight editorial schedule on your blog, or play it loosey goosey?
- What’s your most used expletive?
- If logistics were not an issue, where would you go first?
- Favorite cartoon?
- When was the last time you danced?
- What do you consider the most embarrassing song in your collection?
- Best song for karaoke?
- Are you sure?
Thanks again for the nomination, Diana! Yay!