Seriously, it’s so bad out there I genuinely wouldn’t wish it on anyone! Not even my worst enemy’s evil twin. A lot of what’s out there is like this:
YOUR NEW HOME!!! MOVE IN SPECIAL!!!
- convenient location 30 miles from transit, no sidewalks
- amazing amenities (doors with knobs)
- $1500+/month PLUS utilities PLUS parking PLUS internet PLUS non-refundable deposit
- 250 square feet or less “micro studio”
- no oven
- no stove
- no water
- PRE-LEASING for sometime that’s not helpful
- Resident brings their own OXYGEN
- optional stained carpets OR extra fee to clean them again
Seriously. That’s where I’ve been. Looking and looking, scheduling appointments, background checking, applying. And somehow trying to stay on top of school work and work-work in the meantime. Of course our roommates have places and have moved most of their stuff out already. And while Matt is his helpful self as always, his work hours don’t necessarily facilitate visiting potential homes.
I have a permanent stress-crease in my forehead that will not subside until I have a new [plaid] key on my key chain. Once we have a place to go to, we can work on stressing about the move itself. Some of you may recall that this time last year I was gearing up for surgery. At my recent check up my doctor said, “hey, you, no heavy lifting.” Yeah. Sure, lady.
Wish me luck!